Thursday, September 27, 2012

Indians in Pakistan - A Novel in the Making


My debut novel “Indians in Pakistan” should be released within a couple of months. I just hope it’s a best seller. It’s a book based on terrorism that will provide readers a wonderful insight into the world of jihadis, the global war on terror, the history of Islamic fundamentalism, the history of the Indian subcontinent (including the creation of the Pakistani state on the basis of religion and its failure), the Kashmir dispute, secularism in India and, above all, the magnificence of the human spirit. Of course, I'm not going to reveal the plot just yet.

It took me nearly four years to complete this work as I had to do extensive research on Islam, Pakistan, weaponry and so on. There’s plenty of love, romance and action in this book. So, watch out for “Indians in Pakistan,” a unique and exciting novel!

14 comments :

  1. Readers don't need to worry about the number of pages in this novel. It should be just over 300 pages according to my calculation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be good. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two months will be quite a painful wait! It sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crash boom bang. Sometimes they fall in love. Crash boom bang. Waiting to see jihadis in action. Are they Taliban men or Al Qaeda or what?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm sure that Vivek Pereira, the author, will do a fine job for 'Indians in Pakistan.' Judging by his earlier writing, whether it is poetry or prose, he is simply brilliant. Vivek, I wish you all the success for this book and I do hope that it becomes a best seller. BTW, is it a standalone book or part of a trilogy. The trilogy has come back in fashion it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope it's art at its finest...like my beautiful face..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Dorothy P aka Mona Lisa, if you think your face is beautiful, then you ain't seen nothing yet...Mine is much more beautiful and happy - not sad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Eh, Mona darling?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's quite a sad one, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guys, please stop bickering among yourselves and promote my book. There's a book to be promoted, remember?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry on being harsh, but that's the reality of the marketplace. Brings you down to ground zero. well said, Dorothy. Thanks, Mona.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will bear that in mind..you..you..Author!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a quick update - Completed the first review of the manuscript. There will be at least two more rounds before I submit it to the publisher.

    ReplyDelete

Post sensibly