Saturday, September 11, 2010

The College Poet

And the wait is finally over!!! I shall be revealing, as promised, my literary experience in M.M.K College. Yes, as I walked upon the path of life I suddenly discovered that I was a poet. And this was confirmed when I wrote in verse about Fischer's Theory in our Economics paper during our mid-term exams. Mrs Iyer was forgiving when I met her after class but she asked me why I was laughing when I was sorry. Anyways, she read my poem in each and every class she taught, and they started calling me "Poet."

And then there were orders for poems. My classmates gave me topics and I wrote poetry on a variety of subjects - Love, thoughts, etc. In fact, most of my poetry stem from my college years. A couple of my poems featured in the college magazine. I virtually became a dead poet after I left college. Then I started writing essays and a couple of short stories and the rest, as they say, is history.

3 comments :

  1. College poet? Only?? I think u were much more than a poet in college. U are a college ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...yeah...a college full of poets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dude. I remember the Fischer's theory and still have a photocopy of your economics papaer carrying that poem which made you instantly famous in MMK. It was so funny... those were the days...

    ReplyDelete

Post sensibly